In Bremore Educate Together Secondary School we believe that culture must be purposely developed and managed to optimise the chance to live our mission, become our vision, and fulfil our educational purpose and responsibilities.
We will consciously work at developing school culture in ways that will further engage each student in their educational experience. The looking, thinking, and acting we will encourage will be about increasing a culture of educational engagement. In Bremore Educate Together Secondary School we also recognise that our students bring their cultures with them.
In general, most people are comfortable interacting with people, behaviours, and ideas that they are familiar with but react with fear and apprehension when faced with the unfamiliar. Our culturally responsive instruction aims to teach students that differences in viewpoint and culture are to be cherished and appreciated rather than judged and feared. We will encourage this by,
- Themed culture weeks
- Music and Arts
- Sports and outdoor education
- Extra-curricular activities
- The Ethics curriculum
- Development Education
- Integrated Curriculum
- Promoting a culture that is welcoming
- Promoting a culture in which the conditions for learning are ever-present
- Promoting a culture in which we examine how our behaviours affect us, others, and our world
- Promoting restorative practices
- Promoting a culture in which there is a shared belief that we are a part of something special and great
- A culture in which the language creates and facilitates personal pride, purpose and power